Relational Recovery is the imperfect, courageous and vulnerable act of allowing yourself to know and be known in relationship with others in a way that heals past wounds, changes you, matures you and ripens you into the authentic self you were created to be.
Relationships are where we grow, where we heal, where we laugh and play, and where we have our most intense experiences of being intimately known and loved.
Relationships are also where we struggle. They are the places where shame about who we are can surface causing us to raise our protective masks and hide our true selves. They are the places where our imperfections show up causing us to feel dismay over failing someone in some way. They are where our deepest longings for love and connection are at times disappointed or overlooked. They are where we can sometimes experience direct harm that leaves us wounded and closed off.
If our most significant wounds happen in relationship with others (and they usually do) then doesn’t it make sense that our healing and restoration must also happen in relationship? But a different kind of relationship. One based on the trust, safety, compassion, empathy, and grace that enable us to reveal our true selves to one another, imperfections and all. Relationships that create a space and opportunity to experience Relational Recovery.
At the Center for Relational Recovery we believe that change happens in relationship. This understanding of the importance of relationships and the way in which healthy relational bonds support all of life is the foundation of treatment at the Center for Relational Recovery.
Regardless of the issues bringing you to the Center, here are some additional benefits you will leave with:
- You will understand how your history has shaped who you are today.
- You will be conscious of your own internal processes (what you are feeling and thinking).
- You will be able to identify your needs and wants and be more inter-dependent with others.
- You will learn how to operate from a core sense of inherent value and worth.
- You will be better able to balance being an individual while also being deeply connected to others.
- You will be able to regulate your own emotions, calming and soothing yourself when needed, activating passion and excitement when desired.